Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Got a S.E.C.R.E.T! :P

Photo Credits to http://www.retreatbyrandomhouse.ca

I was feeling a bit low yesterday so I pretty much did nothing except read S.E.C.R.E.T. Yeah, that's what I do when I feel like my life is in shambles, I curl up in bed and either stare at the ceiling, watch reruns of Grey's Anatomy, or read a book.

I stumbled upon this book by chance as I was reading through one of those sites that offer spoilers for TV shows. Grey's didn't have a new episode this week and I was trying to find out why. Anyway, a link entitled "The Book that's Gonna Give Fifty Shades of Grey a Run for Its Money!" was flashing in neon lights (well, not really LOL) on the column at the right side of the page. Being a BIG fan of Fifty Shades (I swear, Christian is my ideal guy! Save maybe for the spanking.. I am like Anastasia when it comes to pain hahaha!), I naturally clicked on the link. 

Here's the book's synopsis:

In S.E.C.R.E.T there are…
No judgments. No limits. No shame.
 
Cassie Robichaud’s life has been filled with regret and loneliness since the death of her husband. She waits tables at the rundown Café Rose in New Orleans, and every night she heads home to her solitary one-bedroom apartment. But when she discovers a notebook left behind by a mysterious woman at the café, Cassie’s world is forever changed. The notebook’s stunningly explicit confessions shock and fascinate Cassie, and eventually lead her to S∙E∙C∙R∙E∙T, an underground society dedicated to helping women realize their wildest, most intimate sexual fantasies. Cassie soon immerses herself in an electrifying journey through a series of ten rapturous fantasies with gorgeous men who awaken and satisfy her like never before. As she is set free from her inhibitions, she discovers a new confidence that transforms her, giving her the courage to live passionately. Equal parts enticing, liberating and emotionally powerful, S∙E∙C∙R∙E∙T is a world where fantasy becomes reality.

Source: http://www.randomhouse.com

My Thoughts:

I started reading around 4PM and by 8PM, I was already done. It's pretty captivating, if you ask me. But it's NOT as racy as Fifty Shades. Which is kinda good because you won't be left feeling an ache somewhere (if you know what I mean hahahaha!). BUT! There's still going to be something inside you that's gonna be screaming "Bloody Hell! I want that!"

It's all about unleashing a woman's sexual empowerment traits by living out sexual fantasies. Along with that, qualities such as bravery, confidence, and generosity are realized and developed. Okay, most of them are probably in the sexual context but at the end of Cassie's journey, she was well on her way to becoming a femme fatale! 

One of the scenarios that keep me wondering was her "sex with someone famous" fantasy. Through the description, it seemed to me like the "someone famous" character was P. Diddy. Or maybe it was only in my head because he's one of e-team crushes. LOL 

A question that has been looming over my head since I finished reading the book was: "If someone from S.E.C.R.E.T approached me, would I join?" Basing my answer on the society's motto -- No judgments. No limits. No shame., I think yes, if I were truly single. In my opinion, it's more than just living out sexual fantasies. But more of women empowerment in general. So yeah, I think it would be an awesome personal journey. 

Overall, this book is a good read especially for women who feel like they've hit a rut in their lives. And hey if you're married, you can live out your sexual fantasies with your better half. It's all about working it. :) 

Want a copy? Shoot me a comment with your email address <3

No comments:

Post a Comment