Thursday, February 28, 2013

Today I Rode the LRT 1 and 2...

I had to go to CEU today to play patient to my cousin who's studying to become an optometrist.


Here's me at 8am. I am NOT a morning person at all! I had to go back home to get my shades because I realized my eyes just can't handle the morning sunlight. LOL I always commute whenever I go somewhere that is not in the South. Especially when I'm Manila bound because I just can't deal with the traffic and going around to look for a parking space. So what I do is leave my car at the parking lot at Starmall Las Pinas, cross the overpass, and ride a bus.

Since I'm headed to Legarda, I took a bus to Buendia LRT. I didn't take pictures at LRT 1 because it's just not safe! LOL Anyway, I got off at Recto and that's where my predicament started. I didn't know where to head to next! hahahaha! I really did get lost inside the station and all I was looking for was the way to LRT 2.

Anyway, I'm more sensible now to ask for directions from the guard. Believe me, when I was in my teens, I'd rather die than ask someone for directions. That caused me to end up in BF Homes Fairview at some point because I randomly rode an FX that has a "Casimiro" sign. hahahaha!

So going back...


I just followed this sign... then finally I reached the ticketing station...



I so wanted to try out the ticket vending machines! I even made sure that I had a bunch of coins with me! Alas, my attempts failed! That sign in the bottom picture is.. I swear, the stupidest this ever! Why the heck won't the machines accept new coins?!? I spent a good 5 minutes going through all of my 1 peso coins but I only found one that was issued before 2009. So with a heavy heart, I had to settle for getting my ticket through this...


Tellers at train stations are some of the most unaccommodating people ever! They never smile! But who can blame them? Their jobs must be hella boring. LOL




After going through the turnstiles, I had to go up one more time to get to the platform. Thank goodness there was an escalator! Stairs and I do not mix well. LOL 

What I liked about LRT 2 is that the stations and the trains were clean. Plus, the carriages aren't as crowded as those in LRT 1 and the MRT. Legarda was only one station away so I didn't have to wait long to get to my destination. :)

Notice how people in train stations, malls in Makati, Pasig, QC, etc are always rushing? They're always walking at a fast pace. That's one of the things that I hate about venturing beyond Coastal Road. The people around me ALWAYS stress me out! Don't even get me started on the pollution! Here in the South, you'll always see us taking our time. We walk around in our malls as if we were taking a stroll in the park and we don't mind sitting outdoors (unless it's stifling hot out) because the air is almost never tainted with black smoke or whatever unpleasant smell you can think of. 

And that my friends is why I will always, ALWAYS stay a South girl. :)
(But yeah, our traffic is hellish here but only because our roads are small and I honestly hope they keep it that way. Besides, we have Friendship Routes to save us from traffic. hehehe)

No comments:

Post a Comment