Tuesday, July 16, 2013

I'm Baaaaccckkkk!!

If you are friends with me on Facebook and follow me on Instagram, you'd know that I haven't really fallen off the face of the Earth and that I am alive, well, and kicking! hehehe

I know I promised to update my blog often but I've been in kind of a funk the past few months. Like I have no drive to write, at all! Needless to say, my finances are suffering like you wouldn't imagine seeing as I'm a writer-slash-editor and all. :(

Anyway, I'm trying my damnest to get it together so here I am. :)

Lemme tell you what I've been doing while my brain cells have decided to go on an indefinite leave from work :P

Lucas started school last June! Yay!


He goes to St. Ignatius South School. It's inside our village and only a 15 - minute drive away from our house. It's a small school really.

I had a really hard time choosing a school for him. He and I visited at least 8 preschools within our village and joined 2 summer programs (hey, it was free :P). I was already set on enrolling him in the last school we attended trial classes in even if I wasn't too comfortable with the decision yet because their curriculum seemed fit for my so called long term plans for Lucas' schooling.

Why wasn't I comfortable? Well for one, I wasn't too keen on the premises.. the school just felt too dark and gloomy. Next, I felt that Lucas was not comfortable there. I had to carry him in so we could go to class and sat on my lap the entire time.

Last, the owner and teachers were nice enough but I got turned off when one of the teachers during the trial class went all "strowberi". HAHAHAHA

I know my English well and heck, I speak to Lucas in straight English (paying great mind to diction and pronunciation) so "strowberi" is just not acceptable. This was kind of the deal breaker for me.

I pass by St. Ignatius almost everyday but I didn't quite notice it until I was already feeling hopeless trying to find a school for Lucas. Imagine, it was already the second week of June and he still wasn't enrolled. So one day, as I was preoccupied with thoughts about his schooling while Jigger was driving, I asked him to stop at St. Ignatius so we could inquire.

After 30 minutes of discussing the curriculum, expectations, and whatnots, I felt that I've found the school for him. Yay! Plus, Lucas did not stay by my side the whole time! He was exploring the surroundings as Jigger and I were talking to the teacher-slash-owner of the school. Double yay! There was one thing that  bothered me though, their classrooms weren't air-conditioned! Their fees were the same as the other schools we went to so I couldn't understand why they didn't have ACs installed. The teacher told me they find that kids are more prone to getting sick in air-conditioned classrooms so they decided against it. Okay then.

One problem though.. their down payment was more than what we prepared. Thankfully, the teacher-slash-owner agreed to accept the amount we had on-hand so he could start school (the following day!) and give us a little time to come up with the balance. Triple yay! They started classes the week before so he was a little late but better late than never :P


Lucas and Classmates on his First Day


Fast forward to today..

So everyday since the second week of June, I've been playing stage mommy at his school. I drive him there and wait for 2 and a half hours for his class to be done. A couple of weeks ago, they celebrated the International Fairy and Pixie Day by asking all the students to come in costumes. Now where would you find a fairy/pixie costume for boys? NOWHERE! So I made one.



I was going for Terence the Pixie Dust Fairy


Not quite.. but close enough. Hey, it was the best I could do! I did this the night before. LOL

Today, they had National Children's Book Reading Day at SM Center Las Pinas

This is almost everyone in his school. That's how small it is. LOL
I'm ending this comeback post now because it's become too long. hehehe But I promise to come up with more posts soon :)

PS. I'm not preggo by the way. It was a false alarm. One heck of a false alarm, mind you. 2 months delayed?! I honestly think I was preggo but it just didn't push through. I felt a teeny weeny bit of relief but I was more of devastated when I got my period. I was already at that stage where I was already planning a first birthday party! Go figure. LOL

But I'm okay now. In God's good time, I'll be blessed with a beautiful baby girl. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment