Thursday, February 28, 2013

CEU's Vision and Eye Care Center


When I got to Legarda station, I again had to ask for directions on how to get to CEU. It was so near lang pala... I just needed to cross the street hahahha! When I got there, my cousin was waiting for me outside. I honestly wouldn't have known that the small path was the entrance to the university. It was so small! Maybe it's the backdoor? I dunno.. Anyway, she led me to where they conduct their clinic.






CEU's Vision and Eye Care Center was a pleasant surprise. I honestly didn't expect it to be like this. Then again, that's coming from someone who went to college where the Gross Anatomy lab was located in the oldest (not to mention rotting) building on campus. Imagine having to conduct chemistry lab experiments where you could see med students arm deep in the body cavity of cadavers. When you're lucky, you come out of the building NOT smelling like formaldehyde. LOL Well, that was during my time. They say Perps has greatly improved their facilities since then.

Anyway, more on CEU's Vision and Eye Care Center...


Nice mirror by the way :P

The cubicles were okay. Not too small, not too big either...


However, I can't say that the equipment was state of the art because my cousin kept banging the remote on her hand to get it to work. LOL

Here she is filling up my patient form...


Her optometry equipment...


I heard those things are expensive!


That man.. is her clinical instructor. He came off as arrogant and flirty to me. He seemed to be flirting with his students. :/  Then they made me do this...


I promise you, it stung like a mother!!! The strip was placed inside my eyes to measure my tear production. OMG! You know, I am terrified of anything being put in my eye. I don't even put Eye-mo! Well, the test showed that I have dry eyes.

Anyway, some patient I turned out to be... It seems that my vision has corrected itself on its own that's why my current glasses are giving me headaches. hahahaha! BUT! They've diagnosed me with Computer Vision Syndrome. It will be explained a little further when I come back to get my corrective glasses for near nearsightedness.

As it happens, my old pair were to correct my far sight and since that's already taken care off, the new pair will help me with my near vision so my CVS won't progress. From what my cousin tells me, my vision blurs out because I spend long hours staring at the computer screen and that causes my corneas (or something) to spasm. So I need to rest my eyes for 20 seconds every 20 minutes to prevent that from happening. She also said my new pair will help my eyes relax and protect it from UV something something.

Sorry, I keep saying "something". 3 hours of sleep will do that to you. Very little is going to register. hahaha!

Here's a picture of my cousin and I after our session.


Pretty, isn't she? I honestly think she's the morena version of Anne Curtis. hehehe Her real name is Kari Camille but we call her Chusin. From what I can remember, that's her nickname because it sounds like her Chinese name. :)

The happiest part of my Manila adventure comes in my next post.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment