Thursday, July 18, 2013

Conti's Choco Walnut Torte

We went to my friend Blas' new family home last night in BF Homes for what I thought was his send-off party. He's now based in Australia but he's home for a couple of weeks to take care of some wedding plans. Anyway, it turns out it wasn't his despedida but a small family gathering to celebrate his nephew's birthday and their new home. 

When we got there we were surprised to see that he actually invited us to a family gathering and not a simple dinner with friends. What can I say? Many, many years of friendship make us family. LOL

There was so much food that my friend Cams and I suffered from food coma. LOL I didn't get to take pics of the buffet spread because Lucas was kept picking desserts left and right to put on his plate. But there was lechon, homemade Chinese kikiam, pancit something, dinuguan, jumbo shrimps with Alavar sauce, other native Zamboanga dishes, tuna sashimi from Gen San, and an assortment of desserts majority of which were different cakes from Conti's. 

Lemme talk a little bit about the shrimps with Alavar sauce. It was the first time I've tried Alavar sauce and I must say, it was to die for! It was coconut-y, nutty, and all sorts of yummeeeh! 


Photo Credits to the Owner
Now let's get to the title of this post. Conti's Choco Walnut Torte. 


Conti's Choco Walnut Torte
Wafer-based cake with marshmallow-like cream drizzled with choco syrup and sprinkled with cashew nuts. 
Php 625
I loved this cake so much that I had 3 servings. That's probably why I felt super light headed after dinner (of course, that's on top of the humungous servings of jumbo shrimps and lechon skin that I had. so yeah, food coma). LOL 

I didn't like the "marshmallow-like cream" so much though. I'm not a big fan of cream but the other two layers of this cake made it a winner. The description of this cake on the Conti's website doesn't really do it justice because it wasn't just sprinkled with cashew nuts, there were whole cashews embedded on the insides of the cake. Here's a photo of its innards.

Photo Credits to foodspotting.com
Really a must try!


Here are some of the other photos I got to take last night. 


Pia, Martin, Paulo, and Tet

Tetet, Martinne, Cams, and Lucas

The living room from my point of view

Blas, his fiance Zah, and his super duper hospitable dad

I really wanted to take a photo of the kitchen.. oh well.

Walkway

I love the facade of their home!

Chillin' in the balcony

No comments:

Post a Comment